Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Review: The Magic Wakes

The Magic Wakes by Charity Bradford
Expected Publication: February 19th 2013
Pages: 300
Publisher: WiDo Publishing

Goodreads Synopsis
Talia has a secret, one that will save her world and yet rip it apart. Only she can decide if the price is worth it.

Scientist Talia Zaryn has always had visions of an alien invasion and of her own death. She has kept it a secret, hoping they are nothing more than childish nightmares. But when her face in the mirror matches that of her dreams, she fears the dreams are prophetic. Talia must prove that life exists beyond their planet, Sendek; perhaps then people will prepare to fight.

Talia's work at the Space Exploration Foundation leaves no time for personal relationships, but Major Landry Sutton is not looking for a friend. He is looking for a traitor. His ability to sense emotions convinces him Talia is that traitor until a touch sizzles between them. In an instant their minds are connected. Just as the two begin to trust each other, the invading force arrives.

Talia and Landry must uncover the secrets of Sendek’s past if they hope to defeat these terrifying creatures. And Talia is the key—if only she can learn to trust the magic coursing through her veins.


My Thoughts
I am constantly on the look out for a great book to read, and I had the opportunity to read an ARC of The Magic Wakes, by Charity Bradford, and took the chance. The Magic Wakes is AMAZING! The story draws you in from the very first page.  I found myself constantly trying to find the time I needed to just sit and read.  With each page I turned, I found myself more and more excited, to discover what lay ahead for Talia and Landry.  I also base a good book on my ability to dream about it at night, which may sound silly, but it helps me really understand the characters and their location.  I wasn't disappointed, as I drifted off to sleep, I found myself in Sendek, surrounded by Dragumon, fighting for my life, although unlike Talia, I was unharmed when I woke.  Charity offers something that I have never read before, a very good mixture of Science Fiction, meets Fantasy, meets Romance, and it was blended beautifully.  Sendek offered it all, the flying cars, technology that made my imagination go wild, and characters only found in my dreams.  I give the book 5 stars, as well as the author.  Look out New York Times Best Sellers List, Charity Bradford will soon find herself on your pages.
  *****
 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment