Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another Great Author Interview

A big thank you to Jessica Sorensen, the author of The Fallen Star series, for the wonderful interview. Check out her author blog by clicking HERE

********************
Can you tell us a little about your book?
When a newly formed group of friends finds themselves fighting for survival, little did they know that was just the beginning.

When Chloe, Megan, Jason and Zach are forced to take cover in a nearby cave from a violent storm they find their new friend Preston there as well. Zach guides the group through the cave but as they go deeper strange things begin to happen and they find themselves separated in a magical kingdom surrounded by unusual people and wizards. Things get even more dangerous as they travel the kingdom in search of the city of Mere and each other.

As their journey unfolds, Preston discovers that the bedtime stories he was told as a child are true and that his rightful place in time must be realized. The kingdom itself has gone under attack as Jacan, a traitor to the crown, forces his armies through the magical borders.

Looking back Preston should have recognized that it was all real. He should have seen the signs. But how could he have known? After all, Jacan was just a villain in a story that took place in a far off mystical land. How could he have imagined that the stories that his father told him as a child were true?

How could any of them have known that their destinies were already written, and that to discover who they really are would take courage that they never realized they had?

Where did you get the idea for this book?

This story came to me as I was lying in bed one night. I knew that it would make a great little story, but never expected it to turn into what it has become.





Is this book part of a series? If so, how many books will there be?
Mere Enchantment is the first book in The Enchantment Series. I am currently working on the 2nd installment, but I'm not sure yet if it will be the last book.
Have you always wanted to be an author?
 
No. Growing up I thought I would do many things, but writing a book was never one of them. Things changed when I got older and I realized that I loved to read, and would love to be able to write my own story for the world to read.

What kind of books do you like to read? Do you have a favorite book?
 
I love any book that can catch my interest. I'm a big fan of Twilight, Harry Potter, Fablehaven, etc... but I also love a good clean romance, like Nicholas Sparks, and Richard Paul Evan's books. I'm not sure I can tell you my favorite book, there are to many to choose from.

What is your favorite snack?

I love Caramello candy bars. There is just something about chocolate and caramel that makes the perfect combination.

What is your favorite movie?

My favorite comedy has to be "Robin Hood, Men in Tights" that movie is hilarious. I also like "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"
If you could have any supernatural power which would you choose and why?

I have always thought having magic would be the awesome. With a flick of my wrist, I could do anything I wanted, like have my house cleaned for me in an instant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment